Saturday, September 6, 2008

How'd I get to feel so old?

Okay, so last week I went back to school...
Full time...

and I got flashbacks.

it was almost a decade ago, when I was single, didn't know what I wanted from my life.

I cared too much about my hair, make up, clothes, what people thought of me...okay I still care...no such thing as totally together, right?

Then I see those, their first college experience. And think, wheph! Thank God I'm married and have figured out a little bit better who I am. Thank God that a decade ago I was smart enough to stick with the guy that was crazy enough to ask me to marry him.

Perspective, is a crazy thing. Wonder what I'll be thinking of the me that I am now a decade from now?

Hopefully it's full of "thank God I'm where I am now"'s.

1 comment:

A Rubber Band Collection said...

I'm sure it will be full of "Thank God I am where I am!" and "I love having kids." and "I don't know where I'd be without my husband." and "I can't believe I made it through school Lord--Thank you for pulling me through."

AND, to be honest, you're not old. You're only as old as you want to be. And to me, you're a rather young, hip, 30-some year old.

~G